I have to tell you that you don’t need an expensive night out to enjoy each other’s company.
There’s plenty of different fun frugal dates you can do as a couple and it doesn’t always have to be going to the restaurant and then calling it a night, sure that’s always nice but sometimes you should do more and or something completely different. I want you as a couple to make sure you make time for yourselves in order to keep things fresh in your relationship.
Below you’ll find my top 30 enjoyable cheap date ideas for you to try and enjoy together:
Cheap Outside Activities
1. Grab a blanket and go stargazing.
2. Fly kites together.
3. Play catch.
4. Feed the ducks this was the third date for me and my boyfriend, I simply adored this one!
5. Go camping for the weekend.
6. Watch the sunset, in our case watch the sunrise since we go to bed so early!
7. Go to a local festival or fair.
8. Berry Picking, nothing beats sneaking a couple of strawberries while picking them!
9. Research your local community for a tree planting day, it would be hard work but doing it together will be rewarding.
10. Pick a morning and go to a local Farmer’s Market.
11. Try a new outdoor activity together:
- Playing a round of golf
- Kayaking or Canoeing
12. Have a picnic.
13. Volunteer to walk a dog.
14. Go for a walk!
- In a park that’s is close by
- In a park that you’ve never been to
- Your neighborhood
- Drive to another neighborhood
- Go downtown
- Let’s say you want to do a2-hour walk, then bus to a 2-hour mark and walk back home!
15. Have a beach day, play some volleyball.
Inexpensive Indoor Things To Do
16. Keep the wallets at home and go window shopping, even go to that hobby shop he enjoys.
17. Coffee date, yes, please! Both bring a book and read your books for a bit, it’s nice to be in one another company while still having a quiet time.
18. Try a board game café.
19. Or even a video game café.
20. Play some:
- Mini Golf (I’m a pro at this one!)
- Bowling (I’m the absolute worst at this one!)
21. If it’s a rainy day, go to a museum.
22. Go to an arcade.
Doing Stuff Together At Home
23. Get that dusty video game console and play some Mario Go Kart or other multiplayer game. And popcorn and M&Ms bowl into the mix!
24. Have your own patio pub afternoon on your balcony or porch:
- Plate of nachos
- Some 90s music
25. Rent a horrible horror movie.
26. Make yourselves a fabulous charcuterie board and a bottle of wine and enjoy an afternoon and evening just catching up on your favorite TV shows.
27. Make a sandwich cook-off, both create a sandwich and split the two sandwiches. Last time we did this, hands down my boyfriend won.
Splurge A Little
If you’ve been budgeting for a bigger date night, here are some ideas:
28. Attend a sports game. (I don’t know about you but I prefer a live game than watching it on TV) Have you ever been to a soccer game? They’re hilarious! Everyone on the field is fiercely yelling at each other and you can point out certain lively characters that make the whole live experience way more entertaining.
29. Escape Rooms. (a little pricy and maybe more of a group date event)
30. Attend a local trivia night, they’re quite fun!
I hope I’ve inspired you to try new or even old date ideas that you have or haven’t thought of. In short, there’s plenty to do together, you just need to plan, commit and you’ll have a swell time with each other!
What is your favorite date memory that you have?