If you’re looking to save money with Ebates, but don’t know if it’s right for you? I’m here to give you my Ebates review on this free online service.
You’ll see how easy it is to set up.
I’ll show you how to maximize your savings while shopping online with Ebates.
I’ve been online shopping for over 14 years and I really enjoy the convenience of shopping online. No big crowds of people and no need to go outside and drive to a store.
And usually, online prices are better.
When I realized you can save extra money with online shopping, I started to research. Being on a budget means I need to know where I can save money in all areas.
When I realized Ebates was for me, I signed up and got my first $10 from Ebates with my first purchase through them! Which I’ll gladly share with you!
I’m really excited to tell you all about Ebates. I saved OVER $200 last year alone. The best part of all this is that it’s FREE. And It’s virtually effortless.
Extra money like that can definitely help with bills and debt. Every little bit counts.
Below you’ll find all about Ebates and why I think it’s the bee’s knees.
What is Ebates?
Ebates is an online Cash Back website that gives you a percentage of your purchases back to you. Online stores pay a commission to Ebates to promote for them and in return, Ebates passes on some of the saving back to us. If you ask me, it’s pretty sweet! Especially if I’m already planning on shopping online, to begin with.
Every store is different in terms of the percentage that they give to you. In order to figure out how much cashback percentage you’ll receive, simply go on Ebates and search the store you’re about to purchase from and it will let you know how much you’ll be getting back.
The Pros to Save Money with Ebates
- It’s cash back. No gift cards to specific stores and no points to redeem. Cash.
- You don’t have to pre-select and hunt for coupons on here. You simply just go through their website, click on the store you’re going to shop at and the Cash Back is activated.
- It’s a pretty convenient way to save money.
- It’s super easy to use, I’ll show you below how to do so.
- They provide a toolbar butter that goes on your browser. It will flash at you when you’re on a website that they are affiliated with.
- They have daily deals that they’ll let you know and you can get even more cash back.
The Cons to Save Money with Ebates
- Firstly, this con is more of a pet peeve, and it’s not even them. It’s me.
- I forget to activate through their website sometimes…Ok, a lot of times. The struggle is real.
- The fact that you have to remember to go to their site and click through to the website that you want to shop at.
- I mostly use my phone to shop online and I’ve forgotten numerous times to go to Ebates first.
- I have even gone as far as to cancel my order and resubmitted my order…I’ve done this over 3 times.
- I’ve heard that some have complained that Ebates have missed their payout dates. But to be honest, I don’t wait or depend on this money. When it comes, I simply plug it into my budget.
- Not all categories within an online store are eligible for cash back. Another similar Cash Back Online service to check out would be Swagbucks to see if they have that category that you’re shopping in. I check both to see which one I need to use in order to save money.
How does Ebates work?
- Sign up
- Look for a store that you want to shop at on their site, and then click it
- Shop online for the items you’re looking for and purchase them
- Get a percentage back from your purchase
- Once you have at least $5.01 accumulated they’ll either:
- Send your money via PayPal
- Send your money via check by mail
- It’s that simple
Maximize Your Earnings with Ebates
If you’re like me and are ok using a credit card while paying off your debt. You can get a credit card that gives you cash back. Which you’re now double dipping in the honey pot. 😉
Speaking about honey, have you heard of honey? They’re an automatic coupon and promo code finder. So by adding this next to your browser’s search bar, you have even more chances to save money on your next purchase.
But wait, what if I told you could save even more money by grabbing a gift card at a lower price than it’s worth? At Gift Card Granny, you can do just that.
So let’s recap, your Ebates trigger, plus the credit card, with potentially honey and with a gift card from Gift Card Granny, my friend, you’re saving big.
Is Ebates a scam?
You don’t need to worry, it’s definitely not a scam. Retailers are always trying to get you to buy from them. And this is just one of the many tactics that they use.
It’s like couponing, but less work. Actually, there’s no real work from you. You just need to remember to go on their website first. Which is my kind of way to save money! The less time and work I have to do to save money, the better.
I’ve been using this website for over a year now and I’ve received over $250 since I’ve started to use it.
Can I make money with Ebates?
Yes, you can!
They have a referral program where if you refer someone like a friend or family member, they’ll receive $10 and you’ll get $25 when they spend $25. Pretty sweet, huh?
Is There a Fee?
No fee. This is a completely free online service. You go through Ebates, pick a store, buy something and get a percentage back. It’s that simple.
What happens if I return my item?
Well, each store that is associated with Ebates has a specific policy on returns and cancellations. Depending on the store, returned or canceled orders may void Cash Back and be deducted from your Cash Back Balance.
Exchanged orders may void Cash Back and be deducted from your Cash Back Balance, depending on the store’s policy. If a store processes your exchange order as a cancellation and a new transaction is created, it will be treated as a canceled order.
With all the said, to make sure you get the most out of Ebates, try getting a refund and then place an entirely new order at that store, by visiting Ebates first of course.
Do I have to link my bank account?
No! Your options are either:
- PayPal, which they deposit your money in your account or;
- Check, they’ll send you a check in the mail.
Personaly, I prefer Paypal and then I just simply transfer my money into my bank account.
Is it worth your time?
YES! You don’t need to pay for this service. It’s free and pays you to shop online.
I hope this review has cleared any doubts you had and if you have more questions let me know below.
Do you use other Cash Back websites? Which ones? Let me know in the Comments below.